HitchDev is a group of self contained, heavily dogfooded python libraries - mainly used for setting up and running dev and test environments:
Fully documented general tools:
- StrictYAML – YAML parser and validator that parses a restricted subset of the YAML spec.
- Commandlib - invoke UNIX commands with an easy to use, pythonic API.
Fully documented testing projects:
- HitchStory – StrictYAML based BDD framework.
- HitchRunPy - tool to invoke and run snippets of python code.
- SeleniumDirector – declare page (CSS/ID/xpath/etc.) selectors and give them readable names which can be used in readable python code or tests.
Projects that will be documented soon:
- pathquery - declaratively API to recursively search for files.
- dirtemplate - create and build templated directories using jinja2 (used for documentation generation).
- pretendsmtp - mock SMTP server.
- templex - templated regex matcher
- faketime - tool to lie to running processes (e.g. CPython or postgres) about the current system time.
- xeger - generate strings from regular expressions.
- icommandlib - extension to commandlib to invoke and interact with running UNIX commands.
- hitchkey - python project command runner and invoker that sets up its own virtualenv and working directories.
- prettystack - display pretty stacktraces in python.
Build tools that will be documented soons: