HitchStory is the result of some carefully considered, although controversial design decisions. These are justified here.
- Why programatically rewrite stories?
- Why does hitchstory not have a command line interface?
- Why does hitchstory mandate the use of given but not when and then?
- Why does HitchStory use StrictYAML?
- Why does hitchstory not have an opinion on what counts as interesting to “the business”?
- Why is inheritance a feature of hitchstory stories?
- Declarative User Stories
- Two Unit Tests, Zero Integration Tests
Rebuttals and critiques, especially from users and designers of competing tools are welcome. Either raise a ticket on github or open a pull request with a link.