StrictYAML is the result of some carefully considered, although controversial design decisions. These are justified here.
- What is wrong with explicit tags?
- What is syntax typing?
- The Norway Problem - why StrictYAML won’t do implicit typing
- What is wrong with flow style YAML?
- Why does StrictYAML only parse from strings and not files?
- What is wrong with duplicate keys?
- Why is parsing speed not a high priority for StrictYAML?
- Why does StrictYAML not parse direct representations of python objects?
- What is wrong with node anchors and references?
- Why does StrictYAML make you define a schema in python - a turing complete language?
If you have seen a relevant counterargument to you’d like to link to addressed at StrictYAML, please create a pull request and link to it in the relevant document.
If you’d like to write your own rebuttal to any argument raised here, raise a ticket and issue a pull request linking to it at the end of the document.