Recommended complementary tools
This library was also designed alongside a number of other recommended tools which seamlessly integrate with hitchstory, providing functionality to easily build and to test various different kinds of software.
- hitchkey - create a project “key.py” of simple methods that can be used to run project-specific commands written in python 3 in an isolated virtualenv and easily run them directly from the command line (e.g. “hk bdd my test name” or “hk regression”, “hk lint” or “hk deploy”).
- seleniumdirector – tool that wraps selenium, making it easy to write simple, readable stories that interact with websites.
- hitchbuildpy - tool that bundles pyenv and builds virtualenvs from it which can be used to install, run and test python code in one or many different versions.
- hitchrunpy - tool that can be used to run and monitor snippets of python code (can be used with hitchstory to write ‘better unit tests’ - for projects which provide a python API).
- dirtemplate – tool that generates a directory tree of text files from a directory tree of jinja2 templates - this can be used with hitchstory to autobuild documentation from stories.
- hitchbuildpg – tool that builds a local postgres database in a clearly defined state which can be used to develop or test with.
- pretendsmtp – mock SMTP server which can be used to test code which sends emails via SMTP.
- Mock REST server – library to test code that calls REST APIs.
- hitchbuildmysql – similar to hitchbuildpg but for mysql.
- hitchbuildredis – build isolated redis server.
- hitchbuildnode – build node environment.
- Suggestions welcome