Axiomatic trade off quality
This principle is both a trade off and axiomatic.
Names, whether used in variables, method, classes, module titles, project titles or documentation, should be clear.
The number one
Multiple names for the same concept
- Ambiguous names – for example, ‘i’.
- Undefined names – for example, “nse_idle”
- Misleading metaphors – for example
- The same concept with different names
Naming is about the terms and names used in all of the following contexts:
- Write the least code possible - short names mean writing less code.